We hope everyone had a great first week back to school after a well deserved winter break. To help us move forward smoothly into the second semester of school here are some reminders to ensure afternoon carpool runs quickly and efficiently.
We will be sending home another Yellow Carpool Tag to every student for the second semester. If you need more than one new carpool tag, please complete this form and let us know how many in the comment section: www.brcvpa.com/contact-us.html
2. A regular, plastic pants hanger works wonderfully to hold your carpool tag and hang from your rearview mirror.
3. If your tag isn't hanging in your car, please hold it up when you see Ms. Vicknair and Mrs. Ruble (or the carpool duty teachers) so they can read the number and the name. They are hard to read when sitting on the dashboard.
4. If you have someone picking up your child that does not have a carpool tag, please have them write on another sheet of paper the number and name for your child.
5. There is an app available for you to download to your smartphone for Silent Dismissal. You can use this app to "call" your child's number once you are in line for carpool. If you need information on how to get started using the app, please email Ms. Vicknair at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. If you use the app, you will still need to display your tag so that the carpool teachers can let the duty teachers know the names of the students who are ready to be picked up. Mrs. Ruble and Ms. Vicknair will not always be the teachers at carpool, so it is helpful to always display your tag.
7. Afternoon Carpool ENDS at 3:45 every day! If your child isn't picked up by 3:45, they will be checked into extended day for a fee.