Here are some things her students had to say:
- She is fun and fair.
- She is AWESOME!
- She is really nice and talented.
- Very caring but firm.
Here are some comments from parents:
- She has always been patient with my child, even when he is not in the best of moods.
- She is my son's favorite teacher and excels at communication.
- Ms. Boudreaux seems to be in charge of a lot of things, and does it well!
Her colleagues also had loads of nice things to say! Here are the highlights!
- Ms. Boudreaux is a work horse! She seems to always be here from early in the morning to late in the evenings. She runs the extended day program, sells concessions, helps with events, and is an excellent math teacher on top of all of that. She has consistently had excellent test scores, and is working hard to train more teachers to be as effective as she is. She runs summer camp, which is extremely challenging to plan and execute, but she makes us look good! Her program is an excellent recruiting tool for our school, and a gift to parents! We are lucky to have her!
- Ms. Boudreaux is a great teacher. She never gives up on her students, she plans lessons that integrate the arts, and she finds ways to make learning fun. She has always been there to help my children become hard workers, and she provides opportunities for them to keep learning even when they struggle.
- GiGi does it all. She's a master teacher of the math curriculum, extended day director, in graduate school, and takes on many other responsibilities. Year after year her students receive high scores on state tests and improve greatly from the beginning of the year.
- Ms. Boudreaux should represent our school as the 2018-2019 Teacher of the Year because she teaches children how to love math. She is also the summer camp and after school programs director as well as a tremendous leader in all areas across campus. Ms. Boudreaux is a true example of a superhero among us!
- She is one of the hardest working people on this campus.
- She is a great leader. She takes on a lot of leadership roles at our school. She runs our after care and summer camp programs.
- Ms. Boudreaux works tirelessly and enthusiastically to lead our Math department, after-school and summer camp programming. A veteran educator who never hesitates to help guide others, Gigi is a valued expert on campus, sharing best practices, proven instructional strategies, and management hints. Having extremely high proficiency rates year after year (100%- 2016; 99%- 2017), she understands district math curriculum and regularly shares tips with others from our school and across the district. She is also a fierce individual whose confidence inspires students, student teachers, and other faculty members to share their experiences. Dedicated to the lifelong success of our students, Ms. Boudreaux works to find the best approach to each child whether in math class, in the gym, or on the playground. She truly appreciates the uniqueness of each learner, while honoring the very real standardized expectations of elementary school. Working with families and individual students to develop the best path forward for each, she makes sure that kids are held to high standards they can realistically meet. An asset to our school, our district, and our community, Ms. Boudreaux makes a difference in the lives of many everyday.
We are thrilled to have Ms. Boudreaux representing BRCVPA as the 2018-2019 Teacher of the Year! Please congratulate her when you see her!!!!