Ms. Brown will represent BRCVPA at the EBRPSS Teacher of the Year Ceremony, and will be in the running for East Baton Rouge Parish Teacher of the Year as well!
Here are some things parents and students had to say about Ms. Brown:
- She loves our school and the students. I know for a fact she loves her job. When I was in her class she was the best teacher I had and will ever have. Now I'm in 5th grade and I'd love it if she was the teacher of the year!
- Mrs. Brown is helpful and inspirational to students both inside and outside of the classroom. She has a nurturing spirit and a patience that allows students to reach their potential.
- She is a very sweet and caring teacher who shows it daily while interacting with her students and with parents.
- I think she should represent our school because she always has a smile on her face and is always open for a hug! She is so kind and can turn your frown upside down. She will do anything for old, new, or soon to come students! She is an amazing teacher!
Here are a few comments from her colleagues:
- Ms. Brown does it all! She coaches Girls on the Run, mentors new teachers, maintains a positive attitude, and is an AMAZING teacher! Our students are lucky to have her and love being in her classroom. Go Ms. Brown!!!
- Her organization and enthusiasm helps motivate her students to achieve.
- Ms. Brown is an excellent teacher. She is great with her students and always has a smile on her face. She is also very helpful and always has great advice to help other teachers. She is a real team player.
- In the short time I have been at BRCVPA it has been very obvious that Ms. Brown loves the students and they love her in return. She has been the biggest support system for me as I got used to a new school. She always goes above and beyond to help a coworker, and she's involved in EVERYTHING! I would be proud to have her represent me and our school.
- Mrs. Brown's test scores are outstanding! She continues to make our school proud both inside the classroom, and in the community.
- She is a great new teacher mentor!
Please join us in celebrating Ms. Monica Brown, our 2017-2018 BRCVPA Teacher of the Year!