We are excited to announce our upcoming variety show auditions. We are looking forward to seeing our students show off their talents, whatever they may be!
The auditions will be on Tuesday, January 22nd and Thursday January 24th from 3:45-5:30 in the school auditorium. The students will be given their audition day and time on Friday January 18th. Students will perform for a panel of adjudicators who will select the line up for the show. Guidelines for the Variety Show Auditions are as follows:
- Performances should be no longer than 2 minutes and be appropriately timed at the audition.
- Performances should be appropriate for viewers of all ages and should refrain from using inappropriate music, content, gestures, and costumes.
- Auditions must be performed in the manner they will be performed in the variety show. All costumes, props, instruments, and music should be used. Music should be edited for the audition. If selected, edited music is due to Mrs. Ruble NO LATER THAN January 29th.
- A $2 audition fee is due at the time of the audition.
Letters will be sent home on January 25th if your child is selected to perform. A dress rehearsal will take place on February 20th, which is an early dismissal day, from 1:30-3:30 in the auditorium. This is mandatory for all students performing in the variety show! The performances will be on Thursday, February 21st at 6pm and Friday, February 22nd at 8:45am in the school auditorium.
If your child would like to audition for the variety show, please use our Sign Up Genius. You can find it at: http://bit.ly/2019VarietyShow. When you sign up, please leave a comment with the following information:
- Child’s Name
- Type of Performance
- Is there an after-school activity that you would like us to take into consideration when finalizing the audition times?
If you have any questions, or need help with music, please contact Mrs. Ruble at email@example.com. We can’t wait to see what our talented students have in store for us this year!