For Parent Information:
- Check out the LEAP Resources page on our website!! It's on the menu on the left hand side of your screen, right below Counselor's Corner and above Teacher Resources.
- Take a look at the family support toolbox on the Louisiana Believes website HERE.
- Help Louisiana SPRING FORWARD by visiting the Learning Heroes website and checking out all they have to offer.
- Read the Parent Guide to LEAP 2025.
For Helping your Student prepare:
- READ. Encourage your child to read. Good reading skills factor heavily in a timed test, so encourage reading (consider magazines, newspapers, or even comic books if he or she shies away from books) as much as possible!!!
- Optimize Brain Power! Keep to a good sleep and meal schedule. Children who are tired or who may have skipped breakfast struggle throughout the day.
- Look at your child's past performance. If he or she scored low in a particular area, you may want to provide her with extra practice that that reinforces that subject area. Avoid over drilling your child in areas where they excel because it could cause boredom and impatience.
- Relax and remain positive. Be positive when speaking about testing in front of your child because it could transfer to his or her nerves. If your child is prone to nervousness, perhaps teaching him or her a few relaxation techniques, such as counting from one to ten or taking deep breaths, can help relieve tension during the test.
3rd Grade Slideshow
4th Grade Slideshow
5th Grade Slideshow