1. How could you turn the sedimentary rock into an igneous rock without going through the metamorphic stage?
2. How could a rock be changed but still be classified as the same form of rock?
3. What type of rock do you think forms from erupting volcanoes?
4. Which rock is formed from broken-down pieces of rock? 5. How do you think these pieces (question 4) harden into rocks in nature?
6. How can this activity be described as a cycle?
7. Besides using Starbursts to represent minerals, how is this model of the rock cycle different than the real rock cycle in nature?