Scan the QR Code or click the image below to Thank a Teacher today!
(click "Add to Board" to add your message)
- Education is always changing!
- Kids are changing, the world is changing, requirements and job demands are changing. Just look at the last 2.5 years of school as an example. Changes to mandates, regulations, guidelines, and laws are handed down often, and teachers have to roll with the punches! Ours do that all day, every day. <3
- Good teachers make it LOOK easy.
- If you walk into a great teacher's classroom, it seems effortless! Students are on task and engaged, routines and procedures seem to run themselves, students are cooperative and helping each other, everything is bright and colorful, there is fantastic student work displayed - WOW! It seems like anyone can just step in and do this. What many people don’t realize is how much work has been put into creating this environment. This work starts the summer before school, follows the teachers home at night and on weekends, and is constantly reinforced by the teacher’s expectations and actions all day every day. It never ends!
- While our outfits are cute, and our shoes are fun, we don’t make much money.
- A teacher’s day does not end when the students leave.
- Teachers spend hours before and after school and on weekends getting lessons and materials ready. We grade papers, communicate with parents, hold conferences and meetings, attend professional development, analyze data, and complete paperwork. Just think of everything they do for one student, then multiply that x 75! Being with the students and helping them learn is the FUN and REWARDING PART! Students are what keeps us coming to work every single day!
- The workload is practically bottomless.
- Every teacher feels like they can do more. All the time! Even when they are giving 110% of what they have, most teachers feel like they need to do more to help their students succeed, and keep going, even if it means wearing themselves out.
- Teachers don’t live at school!
- It’s funny how often students will be shocked to see their teacher in the grocery store or at the mall, even sometimes with their own kids [gasp!]. Believe it or not, teachers don’t live at the school! They have families and like to have fun just like you do!
Scan the QR Code or click the image above to Thank a Teacher today!