WOW! What fun weather we have had for the first two days of carpool!
We are happy to report that we improved on Wednesday's time by 10 minutes yesterday, and we are hoping to continue the trend today and by late next week to be consistently completing carpool by 3:40.
To help us move forward smoothly, please read over these reminders to ensure afternoon carpool runs quickly and efficiently.
1. Please make sure you have your yellow Carpool Tag prominently displayed while in the carpool line. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT DOWN until your child is loaded.
2. A regular, plastic pants hanger works wonderfully to hold your carpool tag and hang from your rearview mirror.
3. If your tag isn't hanging in your car, please hold it up when you see Ms. Vicknair and Mrs. Ruble (or the carpool duty teachers) so they can read the number and the name. They are hard to read when sitting on the dashboard.
4. If you have someone picking up your child that does not have a carpool tag, please have them write on another sheet of paper the number and name for your child.
5. Using the Silent Dismissal app will greatly cut down on the time spent in the carpool line. You can use this app to "call" your child's number once you are in line for carpool. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SILENT DISMISSAL.
6. If you use the app, you will still need to display your tag so that the carpool teachers can let the duty teachers know the names of the students who are ready to be picked up. Mrs. Ruble and Ms. Vicknair will not always be the teachers at carpool, so it is helpful to always display your tag.
Our seasoned parents can tell you that it DOES get better! Thank you for your patience!
Click to access the Student Progress Center for grades, attendance, and more!
CHECK US OUT ON: